Sulphur Dioxide Rapid Air Monitor
The latest addition to our new range of Rapid Air Monitors (RAMs) is the Sulphur Dioxide RAM. The Rapid AIr Monitors bring together the ease of passive sampling with the added advantage of very short monitoring periods.
With sampling times from as little as 1 hour for high concentration areas, the Sulphur Dioxide Rapid Air Monitor solves the requirement for fast results for inorganic compounds, previously only suitable for long-term monitoring with diffusion tubes. The rapid sampling times allow you to identify hazardous air pollutants even if you only have limited site access.
Currently available for Nitrogen Dioxide, Ammonia and Sulphur Dioxide sampling.
Need longer monitoring periods? Try our diffusion tubes for sampling periods of 2-4 weeks.
Sources of Sulphur dioxide:
- Power plants
- Fires, domestic and natural
- Paper production
- Industrial sights eg. metal extraction works
Potential implications of Sulphur dioxide pollution:
- Harmful to plants – reduced crop yields.
- Involved in acid rain formation – damage to buildings, forests.
- Adverse effects on the respiratory system.
Due to its prevalence and damaging effects, Sulphur Dioxide is monitored in many locations. The Rapid Air Monitor allows you to quickly identify the levels of pollution so remedial actions can be implemented.
Rapid Air Monitors can be used for outdoor ambient air monitoring, indoor air sampling and personal exposure monitoring.
- External ambient air monitoring, for example at roadside or urban background locations.
- Indoor air monitoring in roadside buildings, offices and in-vehicle concentrations.
- Industrial monitoring.
- Personal exposure or workplace monitoring for occupational health surveys and risk assessments (e.g. taxi drivers, bus drivers, machinery operators).
- Environmental surveys – e.g. forest management.
DIFRAM-600 – Rapid Air Monitor for Sulphur dioxide, including analysis – minimum order 5 samplers
DIFRAMSH-S – Small shelter for 1 RAM
DIFRAMSH-L – Large shelter for up to 6 RAMs
DIF2001 – 760mm fixing strap for shelters
DIF 2003 – Pocket clip for personal monitoring
Analysis is carried out in our UKAS accredited laboratories. Results are provided within 10 working days or can be fast-tracked by arrangement.