The largest emissions of Formaldehyde are associated with its manufacture and subsequent use, natural emissions are lower. This tube is used for active (pumped) sampling over a few hours to identify levels of Formaldehyde. Concentrations can be measured in the low parts per billion (ppb) range and above.
These pumped tubes are ideal for determining formaldehyde levels as part of a BREEAM air quality assessment.
Sources of Formaldehyde pollution:
- Preservatives in food, cosmetics and pesticides.
- Vehicles without catalytic converters.
- Insulation, furniture and carpets.
- Cigarette smoke.
- Forest fires and natural decay.
Potential implications of Formaldehyde pollution:
- Respiratory effects – eye, nose and throat irritation.
Gradko provide diffusion tubes for the monitoring and measurement of Formaldehyde levels in air.
- Indoor air monitoring to identify causes of health symptoms.
- Monitoring following the installation of new furnishings or products.
- Personal exposure monitoring during manufacture.
DIF700-RTU-RA – Formaldehyde tube with analysis
DIF700ALD - Aldehyde screening
DIFPUMP – Pre-calibrated pump hire for up to 21 days
Analysis is carried out in our UKAS accredited laboratories. Results are provided within 10 working days or can be fast-tracked by arrangement.